Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Organized Pantry

I have one of the smallest pantries known to the apartment world (except you lucky few that live in NYC in which case your pantry probably doubles as your closet).

Three boxes of crackers were becoming stale in one corner. Four, and I do mean FOUR bags of powdered sugar were taking up most of an entire shelf! Now, I'm not proud of this. I actually pride myself in being organized and clutter free, but somehow I allowed my pantry to get the better of me and I sort of gave up. I gawked over pictures of supremely organized pantries on pinterest, and kept thinking, "when I have a house my pantry will look like that."

Enough is enough! Haven't I learned anything from Nate Berkus? Even the smallest space can be organized and beautiful! Thanks to The Container Store and Ikea, my pantry is now a worthy part of my apartment. A few clear containers in various sizes hold all my bulk buys from my favorite grocery store, Sprouts. This handy cart fit perfectly under the bottom shelf and stores all the random things that make shelves look cluttered.

I'll sleep better at night knowing my baking supplies are all in order... And hopefully I won't buy another bag of powdered sugar in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment