Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love Loft

When i first got a job at Ann Taylor Loft, I was desperate. I couldn't find a job anywhere else and we needed more money. It was a good "place-holding" job until I got started with a career. I never expected to fall in love with the company, and much less with retail.

Fast forward four months and I'm getting promoted!!!! Turns out, I'm good at business numbers and I'm a good sales person. But when my job is to sell adorable clothes, it's not that hard. This past week I went to two interviews at two different LOFT's and got promoted to a sales lead at Stonebriar Mall. I'll have a further commute but this store is in a high traffic mall and I am excited to take on the new challenge. I am even more excited to be on the way to hopefully becoming a store manager one day.

Of course with excitement also comes fear. I have to meet and get to know a new team. I'm praying they like me. I have more responsibility in making our business thrive. Also, I'm scared I'll spend too much money at the Starbuck's RIGHT beside the LOFT.

Change is always scary and I'm learning to embrace it. For right now, I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a job where I have the potential to grow. A job I love and find joy in every day. I am so thankful He worked in a way I hadn't even considered.

So here goes... to a new adventure. I start on Monday...

2 comments:

  1. "We have nothing to fear but fear itself" -FDR

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I am so happy for you Olga! It sounds like you are so blessed! Congrats! (P.s. I love how God turned something Temporary into something you love!) - Mindy

    ReplyDelete