Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let me tell you about the last week

I didn't blog about our spectacularly romantic date a little over a week ago, but let me tell you why...

Right after we got home from dinner, a pain started on the right side of my jaw. At first, it was just a lingering pain. Barely enough to make me feel uncomfortable. By 10 PM my pain was so strong I had to go to the emergency room (that I secretly wished was more like Grey's Anatomy's ER) for pain killers. Vicodin and Penicillin didn't do the trick and I was back in the ER Sunday afternoon.

I desperately wanted to feel better for Valentine's Day. I could barely get up to go to the bathroom much less to cook a nice meal or clean up the apartment. I mustered up the energy to cut out a bunch of red hearts and set up the coffee table for our dinner. Then I ordered chinese, which I thought would be soft enough for me to eat.

Hunter came home with flowers, chocolates (that I couldn't eat), and a dozen cupcakes!!!! Thank goodness for soft cake and icing.





On Thursday I went in for a root canal. I took some happy pills and they put me on nitrous and it was the most relief I had felt all week. Hunter said I made up songs and apparently said some pretty mean things about Rhianna on the way to the dentist's office. Blame it on the drugs. While on the nitrous, I listened to Glee and had hallucinations of singing and dancing with them. Neither of which I am actually good at. Needless to say, I don't remember much from the first part of that day. But I do know that my husband took wonderful care of our home while I was "away."

I've been joking around that I went on the "my-tooth-is-killing-me-diet" for the past week and a half. Main food group: jell-o and apple sauce.

I survived. Yesterday was the first day I did not take a single pill. And believe me after taking on average 18 pills a day for almost a week, that felt awesome.

By the way that was not an exaggeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment