Friday, December 2, 2011

My Reediculous Hiatus is Over!

After eight months of leaving my little blog in the dust, I decided to come back and breathe a little life into it. The retail life leaves you with little consistency and often little time. It is unpredictable and ever changing. I often felt I didn't have enough time to eat and sleep much less spend hours on the phone, crafting, or blogging. But lately, I have picked up my paintbrushes and mod-podge and in doing so I have restored some of the joy and sanity to my life.

In the past months we have moved to a new apartment, which also inspired me to decorate. And the Holidays are always a great excuse to spend hours in Michael's. But perhaps, the biggest push to my inner crafter was the discovery of Pinterest!

So let me show you my favorite project so far... my $40 bedroom makeover!


This is an old lamp my mom gave me, it's old and did not fit with my decor


We painted an accent wall a deep teal called Swizzle Stick. I might have picked the color just because I love the name so much! Even if we were to only stay in the apartment for a year, I am so glad we painted! It gives our space a personalized and updated feel that I LOVE.


I always wanted a canopy bed, this is my version of it! And look at my little lamps they are so chic now!


I'll reveal the other half of the bedroom later... stay tuned for the dresser makeover!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! That looks FANTASTIC!! The lamps are my favorite! Great job :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue wall!! Er, excuse me... Swizzle Stick wall! Your bedroom looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete