Friday, April 8, 2011

It has been a while...

My poor little blog has been abandoned! My new job has kept me so busy I barely find time to be a wife, much less blog about it. But today, on my glorious day off, I want to let everyone (all ten of you) know what it's like to be work 42 hours a week as a sales lead.

I wake up early, on the days when I am feeling especially productive I make dinner in the morning so we can heat it up when we come home. I get ready for work, which takes me an hour longer than it takes Hunter so he gets to sleep or read or watch TV. Then we carpool to work because our jobs are pretty close to each other and it saves us precious gas money that I can put towards pretty clothes... or a vacation.

At first, I thought carpooling was going to suck. However, I LOVE IT. We get to spend time with each other and talk without the distractions of technology that often attack quality time in the apartment. Many days we end up having to wait an hour or so for the other one to get off work but because of that I have done so much reading!

This past week, I experienced my very first "after-work-I'm-so-tired-happy-hour" with my husband and all the other professionals who love Blue Mesa margaritas! Needless to say, I felt so grown up.

I am loving my new position and the new responsibilities even if that means I'm more tired and the apartment doesn't get cleaned as much as it used to. Before LOFT, dusting was the most exciting part of my day. So glad those days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment