Friday, January 21, 2011

Dinner in Bed

Before we got married I told Hunter he would very rarely be allowed to eat in bed. I’m a little OCD and he’s a little messy. One of my big pet peeves… crumbs on the sheets.

There’s an episode of “Friends” where Monica yells at Chandler for the crummies she finds on the bed. Anytime Hunter brings food to the bed I look at him and say “I better not find crummies!”

But last night, I felt like going a little crazy and taking dinner and netflix to the bedroom. Hunter’s face lit up when he saw me loading the plates on a tray. “Do we get to eat this in bed?” He asked incredulously.

Seeing as to how he came home with a tall Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks, a special treat for me, I decided he should have a special treat as well: dinner in bed.

It turned out to be a fun experience and a delicious simple dinner. On the menu were ground turkey quesadillas (I’ve sneakily replaced ground beef with ground turkey) and plenty of fresh salsa and chips.

Here is the recipe for my salsa:

four tomatoes, diced
half an onion, diced
fresh cilantro, chopped
one jalapeno, finely chopped (add the seeds if you want more spice)
juice of one lime
salt to taste
Just mix all the ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips.


The dinner ended crummy-less, although we had a few close calls with the salsa, which would have been much worse than crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment