Monday, January 24, 2011

My In-Laws are Visiting... In 2 Days!!!!!!

I would like to say that this is a big moment in a newly married woman's repertoire. Therefore, I am in a slight "freak out" mode. For the past couple of weeks I have been planning and designing and making crafts in order to prepare our small home for our big guests. I did the grocery shopping and planned the meals I would fix. I even told Hunter what food he couldn't eat before the end of the week.

I have been surveying the walls, the tables, even the corners to make sure everything looks appropriate, and I'm pretty close. Hunter will help hang the last of the shelves tonight. A sigh of relief for him... I don't think he's noticed that I've had lots of finishing touches over the past week.

Tomorrow is cleaning day. I had this lovely idea in my head that after Hunter got home from work we would put on some music and have a big cleaning party. I was so excited when I presented our "cleaning date" to him and he just nodded. Five minutes later, he came in to the kitchen with a grin on his face and said, "I won't be home til 9:30 tomorrow."

Well so much for that... at least I have new lemongrass-thyme scented cleaners to keep me company.

Pictures of the final, final project are soon to follow!

2 comments:

  1. haha I currently have lavender scented cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't freak! We love you no matter how your place looks and we already know you're a fantastic cook with whatever you have to work with! Put your feet up awhile please, cuz we're going to be doing a lot of shopping!!:)

    ReplyDelete